People also ask
What is Norinyl-1?
Norinyl-1 is a birth control pill known as the combined oral contraceptive or the pill. It is the combination of two hormones, norethisterone and mestranol. Norethisterone is a progesterone hormone and mestranol is like the naturally occurring hormone estrogen. This combination of hormones works to prevent pregnancy from occurring.
How Does Norinyl-1 Work?
Oestrogen and progesterone are the naturally occurring female sex hormones that are responsible for guiding female menstruation. Norinyl-1 protects women against pregnancy by preventing ovulation during periods. This prevents ovaries from laying an egg, reducing chances of eggs being fertilized by the sperm. Norinyl-1 also thickens the vaginal fluid to prevent sperm from reaching the womb and fertilizing an egg. It also alters the lining of the womb to make it more difficult for fertilized eggs to attach to the uterus.
What Are the Benefits of Taking Norinyl-1?
Some benefits of Norinyl-1 include:
- Can help treat acne
- Protects against pregnancy.
- Decreases blood loss due to heavy periods, regulate menstrual cycle and decreases risk of ovarian cysts.
How Do I Use Norinyl-1?
Norinyl-1 is an oral medication that needs to be swallowed whole with a glass of water if needed. The medicine is to be taken regularly as directed by your doctor and at the same time every day.
in some brands of contraceptive pills, each active tablet may have varying levels of oestrogen and progestin depending on the cycle. Ensure that you follow the exact instructions on the pack and take them in the correct order. Your chances of getting pregnant may increase if you miss pills, take your pill at different times of the day or start a new strip late.
If you get an upset stomach due to the medication, taking it after the evening meal or bedtime may help. If you are confused about when you start taking Norinyl-1 and its correct usage, contact your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Norinyl-1 Tablets Dosage
Norinyl-1 comes as a pack of 21 pills, each containing active medication. The pack may also contain seven reminder pills without any medicine. One pill of Norinyl-1 needs to be taken daily for 21 days straight, at the same time every day. No pill needs to be taken for the next 7 days after you have taken the last active pill from the pack.
As you take Norinyl-1, you should have your period in the fourth week. After waiting for 7 days, you have to start a new pack the next day even if you do not have your period. If you do not get your period and the problem persists, talk to your doctor.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist how to start taking Norinyl-1 or how to switch to Norinyl-1 from other forms of birth control.
Norinyl-1 Precautions and Side Effects
Like all medicines, Norinyl-1 may have some side effects that may or may not occur in the users. Below are some side effects associated with Norinyl-1:
- Nausea or vomiting,
- breast tenderness
- Fluid retention
- weight change
- Spotting or missed/irregular periods during the first few months of use
These side effects may subside after a while but if they persist or worsen then you should contact your doctor right away. In addition to this, if you miss your period 2 months a row, contact your physician as well.
Norinyl-1 might also have some serious side effects such as:
- Lumps in the breast
- Mental/mood changes
- Severe stomach pain
- Unusual changes in vaginal bleeding
- Dark urine
- Yellowing eyes/skin.
- Symptoms of serious allergic reaction
- Symptoms of a blood clot that may cause stroke, heart attack or other serious conditions.
If you notice any of these highly serious side effects, contact your nearest healthcare provider right away for medical attention.
Since everyone reacts to medicines differently, this may not be a complete list of all possible side effects. If you notice other effects not mentioned above, contact your physician right away. You can contact your pharmacist or doctor to discuss the associated risks of this medicine in more detail.
Here are some things to consider before taking Norinyl-1:
- Norinyl-1 does not provide protection against STDs and you may still need condoms for full protection from such infections.
- Contraceptive pills like Norinyl-1 tend to cause menstrual irregularities such as missed periods, spotting or irregular cycles. These may disappear after some time. However, if irregularities persist, contact your doctor for more information.
- Tell your doctor about your allergies especially if you are allergic to oestrogens, progestins or other inactive ingredients.
- Discuss you medical history with your doctor especially if you have or are suffering from blood clotting disorders, high blood pressure, abnormal breast exam, cancer, high cholesterol levels, depression, diabetes, family or personal history of a certain swelling disorder (angioedema), gallbladder problems, severe headaches/migraines, heart problems, kidney disease, liver disease, stroke, swelling, thyroid problems, unexplained vaginal bleeding and others.
While on Norinyl-1, you should:
- Check your blood sugar levels regularly if you have diabetes and share the results with your doctor. Contact your doctor if you notice symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Inform your doctor if you must travel or sit for long periods of time as it may increase your risk of blood clots.
- Tell your doctor about Norinyl-1 before you take a blood test or go through a surgery.
- Norinyl-1 may cause blotchy or dark areas on the face, which are worsened by sunlight exposure. Wear sunscreen, protective clothing and limit your time in the sun and tanning booth.
- Do not use this during pregnancy and tell your doctor when your fall pregnant tight away.
- If you have vomiting or diarrhoea, you may need a backup birth control such as condoms as it can prevent the birth control from working well.
High-risk groups for Norinyl-1 include:
- Women with asthma
- Epileptic individuals
- Diabetic women
- Women with hypertension
- Women with multiple sclerosis
- Women with anaemia
- Women with a history of severe depression
- Women who have suffered from migraines
- Women with heart disease
Norinyl-1 is indicated for:
- Preventing pregnancy
- Regulating periods
- Treating acne
How Do I Buy Norinyl-1 Online?
To buy Norinyl-1 birth control online in the UK, you can fill an online prescription form on [this website]. This birth control pill should be taken exactly as directed by your doctor or as indicated on the pack. Any misuse of the drug can have potentially harmful effects on your health.