What are the benefits of quitting smoking?
Smokers who quit, at any age, have a lower risk of dying from tobacco-associated diseases than those who continue to smoke. In addition, they greatly improve your quality of life:
- Quitting smoking by age 30: Smokers who quit around age 30 reduce their chance of dying prematurely from smoking-related illnesses by more than 90%
- Quitting at 50: Smokers who quit around age 50 reduce their risk of premature death by more than 50% compared to those who continue to smoke
- Quit smoking at age 60: Even those who quit around 60 years of age or older live longer than those who continue to smoke
The earlier you quit smoking, the more benefits you get. The benefits begin to be felt immediately and multiply progressively:
At 20 minutes: blood pressure drops, At 12 hours: carbon monoxide in blood normalizes, Between 2 weeks and 3 months: improves circulation and lung function. Between the first and the ninth month: decreases coughing and shortness of breath, decreases the risk of infections
At one year: risk of coronary heart disease is halved, energy improves
At 5 years: the risk of mouth, throat, oesophagus and bladder cancers is halved and the risk of neck cancer and stroke equals that of a non-smoker
At age 10: the risk of lung cancer decreases by half and also decreases the risk of cancer of the larynx and pancreas
At 15 years: the risk of coronary heart disease is similar to that of a non-smoker.
- Improves taste and smell
- Smoker's cough disappears
- It is easier to climb stairs and walk several blocks without getting tired.
- Hair and clothes smell better.
- Improves the appearance and health of your skin
What are the benefits for non-smoking partners?
Tobacco use affects not only the health of the smoker but also that of those around him. Exposure to secondhand smoke causes a 30% increased risk of heart attack and lung cancer in nonsmokers. In children, exposure is particularly harmful, causing respiratory problems, ear infections, and sudden infant death syndrome. Exposed pregnant women can also suffer complications. By quitting smoking these risks disappear
Get the Best Medication to Stop Smoking Online
You can order all types of medication for smoking online from Pharmacy Planet. Get the medication suitable for your condition using our website’s online consultation services. You only have to fill out a simple online prescription form and your medication will be delivered to your doorstep in just 2-3 business days.
Buying your medication from Pharmacy Planet does not only save your time and effort but it also saves your money as drugs on our website are available at a very reasonable price.