Scheriproct Ointment: Your Ultimate Solution To Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids may be unpleasant to talk about, but they are even more unpleasant to experience. Symptoms caused by hemorrhoids can range from mild to painful enough to disrupt your daily activities.
Also known as piles, hemorrhoids are a common complaint in GP surgeries. Piles are caused by increased pressure in the blood vessels around the rectum and anus, much like how varicose veins are formed. If you’re suffering from hemorrhoids, Pharmacy Planet can help you with a proven hemorrhoids treatment called Scheriproct Ointment.
Scheriproct is a prescription-strength topical ointment that works by shrinking your piles and by providing rapid relief from any uncomfortable symptoms. If you suspect you have piles, contact us to discuss treating them with Scheriproct.
What Are Hemorrhoids?
Your lower rectum and anus have a layer of mucus membranes with clusters of veins sitting underneath this layer. Piles develop when these veins become swollen or distended. There are two main types of hemorrhoids, internal and external.
- Internal hemorrhoids develop in the lower rectum and usually don’t cause any discomfort or noticeable symptoms. You may not even know you have any unless you notice bright red blood on your toilet tissue after going to the bathroom. Internal hemorrhoids rarely cause functional problems unless they prolapse. A prolapsed hemorrhoid is an internal hemorrhoid that has extended beyond the anus. These types of hemorrhoids can cause bleeding, pain, and itching and wiping or scratching to relieve the discomfort can make the problem worse. A prolapsed or protruding hemorrhoid can also collect bacteria and faecal matter which can lead to more severe infection or irritation.
- External aemorrhoids appear under the skin around the anus and are more likely to cause symptoms and discomfort. Unlike internal hemorrhoids, external hemorrhoids can be seen and felt. Symptoms of external hemorrhoids include itching, swelling, pain, and bleeding. Because of where they are located, external hemorrhoids are more likely to experience irritation from using the toilet. The skin around the anus is thin and sensitive so when a hemorrhoid develops, it’s more susceptible to inflammation. They can become even more painful if a blood clot forms inside an external hemorrhoid. The clot usually clears up on its own but it may leave behind an anal skin tag that can be itchy or painful.
Causes of Hemorrhoids
Like many other health conditions, piles become more common as we age. However, you can reduce your risk of developing hemorrhoids by making a few lifestyle changes. Many cases of hemorrhoids can be caused or exacerbated by the food we eat, our daily habits, or by certain activities.
- Diet: You need a balanced diet full of vitamins and nutrients to keep your body in top shape. Fibre is one the nutrients required to keep your bowels and digestive system in good working order. If you don’t get enough fibre in your diet your stool will be harder and more compact, making it more difficult to go to the toilet. Excessive straining and pushing on the toilet is one of the leading causes of piles. Continuing to struggle while you have piles will make any symptoms worse.
- Hydration: If you don’t have one already, get yourself a reusable water bottle because using one will help you drink more water throughout the day. Not drinking enough water can dry out your skin, tighten your muscles, give you pounding headaches, and harden your stools. You should also avoid drinking excessive amounts of caffeine and alcohol because these beverages can dehydrate you and cause constipation.
- Sitting: While you don’t have to get a standing desk, you should find ways to get on your feet throughout the day. Sitting for long periods of time can have several long lasting health consequences, including piles. When you sit down, especially on the toilet, the muscles in your lower body relax. This allows more blood to flow to your groin and pelvic region which enlarges your veins. If you’re sitting on the toilet for long periods of time and are straining, you’ll be more likely to develop piles.
- Strenuous Exercise: Staying fit is important to our overall health and self-image. You can easily stay in shape with low impact exercises that don’t put too much pressure on your body. Overdoing it or regularly partaking in strenuous exercise puts extra pressure on the veins in your rectum. Heavy lifting can also aggravate and swell your veins.
- Not Going When You Need To: Not using the toilet when you feel the urge will cause issues when you finally do go to the bathroom. It can be more difficult to pass urine or stool later which makes you more likely to strain and struggle.
You can easily counteract many of these lifestyle habits with a few simple changes. The first thing you should do is add enough fibre to your diet. There is a wide variety of foods you can eat during the day that will give your digestive system the fibre it needs. These foods include:
Foods high in fibre include whole grains, lentils, beans, brown bread, peas, leafy greens, popcorn, and skin-on potatoes.
If you find you aren’t drinking enough water, consider downloading an app on your phone that will keep track of your consumption. You can even set up reminders to get you drinking more water.
Exercise can help loosen things up if you’re having trouble using the toilet. To avoid causing hemorrhoids, opt for low impact cardio like walking or light calisthenics.
Scheriproct Ointment Hemorrhoids Treatment
Sceriproct Ointment can be used by adults over the age of 18 to treat their hemorrhoids symptoms. It contains the active ingredients prednisolone and cinchocaine which act together to provide anal itching relief and to shrink the hemorrhoids.
Each tube comes with an easy to use, washable applicator so you can treat both internal and external hemorrhoids. The cinchocaine will provide instant relief and any symptoms should start to improve within 5-7 days. To get lasting relief from hemorrhoids, start a quick consultation and order Scheriproct Ointment with swift home delivery.