How Long Do Hemorrhoids Last?
Hemorrhoids are veins in your rectum and anus that become swollen and irritated. One of the main symptoms of hemorrhoids is rectal bleeding which can be an alarming symptom. This is why many people think their hemorrhoids are a sign of cancer. All cancer concerns should be talked about with your doctor, but most likely your rectal bleeding is from hemorrhoids.
External hemorrhoids are under the skin around your anus and can often be seen and felt. Depending on how acute they are, they can be very uncomfortable, itchy, and painful.
- Itching or irritation in around your rectum
- Swelling around your anus
- Bright red blood or mucus on your toilet tissue
- Feeling like you still need to use the toilet
Internal hemorrhoids are located inside the rectum. You can’t usually feel or see them and they don’t cause symptoms as noticeable as external ones. If a hemorrhoid ends up pushing out of your rectum causing a prolapsed hemorrhoid it can become very painful.
Symptoms of Internal Hemorrhoids:
- Painless bleeding when going to the toilet
- Pain when straining to have a bowel movement
What Causes Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are indiscriminate and will most likely affect all of us at least once during our lifetimes. Thankfully, there are some precautionary measures you can take to prevent them from developing or recurring.
- Don’t spend too much time sitting- this includes on the toilet.
- Try not to strain when on the toilet
- Eat a balanced diet with fibre
- Avoid lifting heavy objects
- Lose some weight- obesity makes hemorrhoids more likely
- Fully clean yourself after going to the toilet
- Cut back on caffeine as it is linked to constipation
Many women develop hemorrhoids during pregnancy. This is because pregnancy increases pressure on your abdomen, causing the veins in your anus to become swollen. Pregnancy hormones can cause the veins to swell, too.
Are Hemorrhoids Permanent?
The good news is that hemorrhoids go away and often resolve themselves in a few days. You might only need to use products from your pharmacy to ease the symptoms. However, if your hemorrhoids are much larger or become prolapsed, they may take longer to heal. Depending on the severity, treatment from a medical professional could be required.
You can purchase hemorrhoids medications like Scheriproct and Proctosedyl Ointment online in the UK through Pharmacy Planet.