Headaches are so much more than just a pain in our head. They can cause debilitating effects that can prevent us from going about our daily lives and enjoying time with our families. While it seems like the stresses of daily life would make headaches more common during the day, many people find that they experience painful headaches most often at night.
What Type of Headache Do I Have?
Before you can treat your nighttime headaches, it’s important to know what type of headache you are suffering from.
- Migraine: A very painful type of headache with throbbing pain on one side of the head. It can also make a person feel nauseous or sensitive to light, sound and smell.
- Cluster Headache: Cluster headaches are more severe than migraines, but are rarer and not as long-lasting. Pain is on one side of the head and is accompanied by a stabbing pain in the eye.
- Tension Headache: Tension headaches are the most common type of headache to plague adults. They create pain on both sides of the head and often extend into the neck and shoulders.
- Hypnic Headache: Hypnic headaches are a very rare type of headache that occurs when the sufferer is asleep. The pain will wake the person up several times a week.
Causes of Nighttime Headaches
There are many culprits when it comes to nighttime headaches ranging from lifestyle to medical causes.
- Alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine
- Poor posture
- Physical exertion or stress
- Medical conditions or medications
- Stress and tension accumulated throughout the day
- Not getting enough sleep
Tips for Good Sleep
Practicing good “sleep hygiene” is essential toward getting a good night’s sleep in today’s noisy world. Recommended tips for good sleep are:
- Going to bed at the same time every day
- Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine before bedtime
- Keeping screens and devices out of the bedroom
- Unwinding before bed through relaxation techniques, a warm shower, or caffeine free herbal tea
In addition to making lifestyle changes and bettering your sleeping habits, there are several migraine medications you can get online in the UK to help relieve your symptoms. Three of the most popular are:
Sumatriptan Tablets, Zolmitriptan Tablets, and Rizatriptan tablets are available to buy online in the UK through Pharmacy Planet, a leading online pharmacy. https://www.pharmacyplanet.com/