People also ask
What is Dovobet?
Dovobet gel uses include being utilised as a topical treatment for psoriasis of the scalp in adults and to treat mild to moderate plaque psoriasis (psoriasis Vulgaris) on the skin of other areas of the body in adults. The cause of psoriasis is the excessively rapid production of cells in your skin. This causes redness, peeling, and thickening of your skin.
Dovobet contains calcipotriol and betamethasone. Calcipotriol helps normalize the rate of growth of skin cells, and betamethasone reduces inflammation.
How does it work?
The main active ingredient of this Eczema and Psoriasis treatment medication, Calcipotriol, is an analogue of vitamin D. In vitro results suggest that calcipotriol induces differentiation and inhibits the proliferation of keratinocytes. This is the proposed basis for its effect on psoriasis.
Like other topical corticosteroids, betamethasone dipropionate has anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, vasoconstrictive and immunosuppressive properties, without, however, acting on the origin of the process. By occlusion, its effect can be increased, due to a greater penetration into the stratum corneum. The incidence of adverse reactions will be increased by this. The mechanism of the anti-inflammatory activity of topical steroids is generally uncertain.
What are the benefits of taking it?
Dovobet gel is a pharmaceutical product for the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp. In psoriatic skin the cells multiply rapidly and do not develop properly, this causes redness, peeling, and skin tightening. Dovobet regulates the growth and development of skin cells.
How do I use it and its dosage?
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Dovobet ointment should be applied to the affected area once a day. The recommended treatment period is 4 weeks. There is experience with repeated treatments of up to 52 weeks with Dovobet. If it is necessary to continue or restart treatment after 4 weeks, treatment should continue after medical evaluation and under regular medical supervision.
Instructions for proper use
- Use only on your psoriasis and do not use on skin without psoriasis
- Shake the bottle before use and remove the stopper
- Apply the gel to a clean finger or directly to the area with psoriasis
- Apply Dovobet with your fingertips to the affected area and massage carefully until the area affected by psoriasis is covered with a thin layer of gel.
- Do not put a bandage on, or cover or wrap the treated skin area
- Wash your hands well after using Dovobet. This will prevent accidental contact of the gel with other parts of your body (especially the face, mouth, and eyes).
- Don't worry if you accidentally apply a bit of gel to the healthy skin near your psoriasis, but wipe it off if it's spread too far.
- In order to achieve an optimal effect, it is recommended not to shower or bathe immediately after the application of Dovobet gel
- After applying the gel, avoid contact with tissues that can easily stain with grease (for example, silk).
Side effects & precautions
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Serious side effects
Tell your doctor/nurse immediately or as soon as possible if you experience any of the side effects listed below. You may have to stop your treatment.
The following serious side effects have been reported for Dovobet
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
- Worsening of your psoriasis. If your psoriasis worsens, tell your doctor as soon as possible.
Some serious side effects are known to be caused by betamethasone (a powerful steroid), one of the components of Dovobet. If you experience any of the serious side effects, tell your doctor as soon as possible. These side effects are more likely to occur after long-term use, when used in skin folds (eg groin, armpit, or under the breasts), when the area is covered, or when used on large areas of skin.
The following less serious side effects have been reported for Dovobet
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
- Eye irritation
- Burning sensation of the skin
- Skin pain or irritation
- Inflammation or swelling of the hair root (folliculitis)
- Skin rash with inflammation of the skin (dermatitis)
- Redness of the skin due to the dilation of the small blood vessels (erythema)
- Acne (pimples)
- Dry Skin
- Pustular rash
- Skin infection
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
- Allergic reactions
- Stretch marks
- Skin exfoliation
- Rebound effect: A worsening of symptoms/psoriasis after the end of treatment.
Frequency not known (the frequency that cannot be estimated from the available data)
- When used on the scalp, white or gray hair may transiently change to a yellowish color at the site of application
- Blurry vision.
Less serious side effects caused by the use of betamethasone, especially for a long time, include the following. If you appreciate any of them you should inform your doctor or nurse as soon as possible
- Skin thinning
- The appearance of superficial veins or stretch marks
- Changes in hair growth
- Reddish rash around the mouth (perioral dermatitis)
- Skin rash with inflammation or swelling (allergic contact dermatitis)
- Golden gel papules (miliary colloid)
- Skin discoloration (depigmentation)
- Inflammation or swelling of the hair root (folliculitis).
Buying Dovobet Gel online.
You can buy Dovobet Gel online through one of the UK’s leading online pharmacies, Pharmacy Planet. It's easy and convenient. You will need to fill out a short assessment and the item will be delivered directly to your door. If you want to buy Dovobet Gel online, use Pharmacy Planet, a UK pharmacy you can trust.