People also ask
What is Warticon solution and cream?
Warticon solution and cream are prescribed topical treatment for genital warts (mainly small bumps) caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Available as a topical cream or solution, it is applied to the affected area (on or around the penis or around the vagina). The active ingredient is a strong antiviral plant extract called podophyllotoxin, which attacks and eradicates HPV, causing the wart cells to die, allowing new healthy tissue to replace them in weeks. When applied directly to genital warts, this medication works by preventing the wart cells from dividing and spreading, as it contains a medication called podophyllotoxin.
How does it work?
Warticon is a treatment for skin use, in the form of a cream and a solution, composed of the ingredient podophyllotoxin. The active ingredient of this medicine, which penetrates into the tissue of each wart cell, favoring its reduction and elimination.
The main active ingredient in this solution and cream-based sexual health treatment medication, Podophyllotoxin, is a dividing cell metaphase inhibitor that binds to at least one of the tubulin-binding sites. This union prevents the polymerization of tubulin, a necessary process for the assembly of microtubules. At higher concentrations, podophyllotoxin also inhibits the transport of nucleosides through the cell membrane. It is accepted that the chemotherapeutic action of podophyllotoxin is due to the growth inhibition cell and its ability to invade the tissue of cells infected by the virus.
A drug that is also capable of preventing HPV condyloma from spreading and reproducing in other parts of the body.
This cream/solution helps to cure the symptoms related to genital warts, in addition to achieving their disappearance or fall of the skin. Treatment whose proven effectiveness shows visible results in the first days of starting treatment.
It should be noted that no medicine is capable of curing a virus, Warticon does not kill the Human Papilloma Virus, but only helps to alleviate its symptoms, eliminating the uncomfortable genital warts derived from one of its strains.
What are the benefits of taking it?
Warticon is one of the leading drugs in the treatment of genital warts. Warticon is available as a cutaneous solution and as a cream. The product is an antiviral, which contains an active compound called podophyllotoxin, which fights the human papillomavirus to root out the problem of genital warts.
How do I use it and its dosage?
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. If in doubt, consult your doctor or pharmacist again.
Warticon is a prescription medication. Always follow your doctor's advice and read the patient information leaflet included in the medicine package.
Before applying the cream or solution, wash the affected area with soap and water and then dry thoroughly. Decant a little product on your finger and cover each wart with the medicine. Once everyone is covered, wash your hands well after use.
If you develop symptoms or receive treatment for genital warts, you should not have sexual contact with anyone because of the risk of passing it on and spreading the disease.
Warticon contains the active ingredient podophyllotoxin and is available as a cream or solution. Application of the solution and cream follow the same rules and they should be followed to letter.
- Apply Warticon solution/cream 2 times a day, in the morning and at night (every 12 hours), for 3 days.
- Do not apply the solution/cream for the next 4 days. This completes a course of treatment.
- When applying Warticon solution/cream, after two or three days of treatment, you may notice slight irritation in the treated areas. This indicates that the Warticon solution/cream has started to take effect. However, The warticon solution/cream can cause serious skin reactions. If this happens, stop using Warticon solution/cream and consult a doctor.
- If you still have warts 7 days after starting treatment, repeat the treatment cycle (twice a day, for 3 days followed by 4 days when you do not have to apply the solution).
- A maximum of 4 treatment cycles can be applied.
- If warts persist after 4 cycles of treatment, consult your doctor.
Due to the flammable nature of Warticon solution/cream, you should avoid smoking or approaching fire during application and immediately after use.
How to apply Warticon solution/cream.
- Wash the affected areas with soap and water. Gently pat the area dry with a clean towel.
- Use a new applicator each time you apply the Warticon solution/cream.
- Insert the applicator handle into the solution/cream. If your wart is large or has many warts in a small area, insert the end with the largest handle (spatula) into the solution/cream.
- Apply the solution/cream to the wart until it is covered and allow the solution/cream to dry. Take care that the solution/cream does not come into contact with healthy skin. If this happens, wash the area with soap and water.
- Repeat this process until the solution/cream is applied to all warts. Let the solution/cream dry before allowing healthy skin areas to come in contact with the treated area.
- Wash your hands well after using the Warticon solution/cream.
Side effects & precautions
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop using Warticon solution/cream and see your doctor:
- severe burning, stinging, pain, bleeding, or inflammation in the treated area.
If you have these symptoms, rinse the solution/cream off your skin with soap and water immediately.
Very common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
- Erosion on the skin, irritation at the application site including redness, itching, burning sensation.
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
The following side effects have been reported at the application site:
- Allergic reactions, pain, inflammation, bleeding, caustic injury, damage or loss of the superficial layer of the skin, wound secretion (suppuration), skin ulcer, crusts, skin discoloration, dry skin, blisters.
Warnings and precautions
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using Warticon solution/cream if:
Warts cover a skin surface of more than 4 centimeters (about the size of a postage stamp). In this case, you may need your doctor or healthcare personnel to apply this medicine to you.
Buying Warticon solution/cream online.
You can buy Warticon solution online through one of the UK’s leading online pharmacies, Pharmacy Planet. It's easy and convenient. You will need to fill out a short assessment and the item will be delivered directly to your door. If you want to buy this solution/cream for sexual health online, use Pharmacy Planet, a UK pharmacy you can trust.