Hormone therapy has been used to treat symptoms brought about by menopause. Hormone therapy has been used to help in preventing bone loss as well as in reducing symptoms such as hot flashes and vaginal discomfort.
Prolonged use of the same has been shown to have health risks. The risks are highly dependent on factors such as the type of hormone therapy you are currently on, the dose as well as how long you have been taking this.
To be able to evaluate whether hormone therapy is right for you, we will be highlighting the benefits as well as the risks associated with hormone therapy to help you determine if this is right for you. You can buy oestrogel online UK.
Risks involved in hormone therapy
• It increases the risk of breast cancer, ovarian cancer, stroke and heart disease especially for women who are over 60 years
• It also increases the risks of getting heart disease, stroke and blood clots.
• If you are pregnant or suspect that you could be.
Is it right for you and should you consider it?
Hormone therapy such as a hormone therapy gel has remained to be a great treatment for menopausal symptoms and the benefits are by far more than the risks involved.
It is important however to speak to your doctor about this, they will advise you on the advantages and disadvantages of hormone therapy while giving you suggestions based on your medical history as well as how severe your symptoms are.
• You should consider hormone therapy if you are experiencing menopausal symptoms and hot flashes. Oestrogel cream bought online can help with this.
• If you have lost bone mass
• If you have had issues with your ovaries and at some point, you do not experience your periods before you hit the age of 40.
You should avoid hormone therapy in the following instances
• If you have ever had breast cancer, endometrial cancer, liver disease and even blood clots
• If you are 45 and you have not had any symptoms that bother you. You also do not need to be on hormone therapy.