Allergy Relief For Everyday Symptoms
Summer is a wonderful time to get outside and enjoy the warm weather. That is, unless you suffer from allergies that make being outdoors miserable. No matter what type of allergies you have, you want quick relief when your allergies flare up. We have all your allergy treatment available online in the UK. With our renowned fast shipping, you can get relief to your doorstep in no time. In addition to taking your allergy medications, you should also take steps to avoid triggering your allergies symptoms. You may even find relief from natural allergy remedies! Keep reading to learn more.
Causes and Risk Factors for Allergies
People can be born with allergies or develop them later in life. It’s not fully known what causes an allergy in one person over another, but individuals are more likely to have allergies if there’s a family history of it. People with asthma or an existing allergy are also more susceptible to developing one or more allergies.
An allergic reaction occurs when your immune system identifies a normally harmless substance as a dangerous one. To protect itself against this substance, your immune creates antibodies against it. The next time you’re exposed to the substance, or allergen, your immune system will release chemicals called histamines. Histamines are what cause the symptoms of an allergic attack.
Common allergens include:
- Dust mites
- Pet dander
- Bee stings
The symptoms of allergies vary depending on the severity of the allergy and what the allergen is. For example, someone with a latex allergy may develop a rash while a person with a dust mite allergy might have nasal congestion. Not everyone will experience the same symptoms with their allergies and may experience a wide range of different symptoms.
Food Allergy Symptoms:
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, throat, and/or face
- Mouth tingling
Hay Fever Symptoms:
- Nasal congestion
- Red, watery eyes
- Itchy eyes, nose, and/or the roof of the mouth
Insect Sting Allergy Symptoms:
- Chest tightness
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe swelling at the sting site
- Itching all over the body
Drug Allergy Symptoms:
- Facial swelling
All allergy types have the potential to become life-threatening. A severe allergic reaction is called anaphylaxis and it’s a seriously medical emergency. Prompt treatment is required to prevent the allergic reaction becoming fatal.
- Sudden drop in blood pressure
- Respiratory distress
- A weak and rapid pulse
- Loss of consciousness
Allergy Relief Medications
No matter what type of allergy you have, we have medications that can help. From nasal sprays to hay fever tablets to EpiPens, you can buy effective allergy treatment online in the UK from our website. Some of the allergy treatments we have are:
- Nasacort Nasal Spray: Nasacort has prescription strength anti-inflammatory ingredients. These work fast to relieve allergy symptoms like congestion, sneezing, and itchy watery eyes.
- Flixonase Fluticasone Nasal Spray: Flixonase Fluticasone is a corticosteroid spray that stops the effects of seasonal and year-round allergy symptoms like sneezing, stuffy noses, and itchy watery eyes.
- Loratadine/Claritin: A non-drowsy antihistamine that can be used to treat the symptoms of hay fever, hives, insect stings, eczema, and conjunctivitis. Loratadine is a prescription tablet medication that is sometimes sold under the brand name Claritin.
- EpiPen Auto-Injector: EpiPen Auto-Injector is an emergency use injectable medication that’s used to stop anaphylaxis. It contains a synthetic version of a hormone called adrenaline and works fast at treating the symptoms of anaphylactic shock.
Natural Allergy Remedies
Since some allergies can be dangerous if left untreated, you should only try natural remedies for allergy relief if your doctor advises it’s safe to do so. Always use any medications you’ve been prescribed exactly as directed. Natural remedies may be better suited for allergies that are more of a nuisance than a danger, for example hay fever. Nasal congestion caused by hay fever can be relieved by eating spicy foods like chillies and horse radish. These types of foods thin out mucus and clear nasal passages.
Warm drinks like tea with a few drops of honey can soothe sore throats. Flushing your nasal passages can also clear up the sinuses. You can use a neti pot or squeeze bottle to rinse your sinuses out with sterile saline water or distilled water. Make sure to thoroughly clean your bottle or neti pot after use.The jury is still out on whether supplements can treat allergies, but some studies show that butterbur and fermented red ginseng may reduce nasal congestion.
Identifying and avoiding your triggers is the best way to prevent an allergy attack. Sometimes it can be easy to determine what your triggers are but other times it can be a little more ambiguous. Allergy testing can help narrow down the culprits if you’re unsure what’s causing your symptoms. You can also try an allergy journal. In it, record your daily activities including the food and drink you consume. Also make a note of any symptoms that occur and when they happened. Over time, you should be able to use the journal to narrow down your triggers. Once you know what to avoid, you’ll need to stay vigilant against exposure. Measures you can take include:
- Monitoring pollen counts in the weather report.
- Wearing a mask and keeping windows closed on high pollen days.
- Dust and hoover your home often to remove dust mites.
- Regularly wash curtains and other soft furnishings.
- Buy anti-allergen pillows and bedding.
- Ask your friends and family to keep pets away when you’re visiting.
- Install HEPA filters throughout the house.
- Remove your shoes at the door.
- Checking menus and food ingredients.
- Letting friends, family, and coworkers know about your allergies and triggers.
- Frequently washing your hands.
Buy Allergy Treatment Online UK
Buying allergy treatment online in the UK is as easy as clicking a button! Take this short assessment to buy all of your allergy medication needs. Once our pharmacists receive and approve your request, we’ll ship your order out right away.