What Role Does Vitamin D Play in Your Health and Wellbeing?
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that your body produces naturally when you are exposed to direct sunlight. It can also be obtained from some of the foods you eat, like tuna, fortified cereal, and egg yolks. Getting enough Vitamin D is important because it has a major role in immune system function, keeping your bones and teeth healthy, and helping your body absorb calcium.
It is also thought to reduce the risk of illnesses like heart disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), and depression. Vitamin D may even help you lose weight and prevent hair loss.
Vitamin D Deficiency
Low levels of Vitamin D can cause fatigue and muscle aches and pain. Your bones may lose strength, making you more susceptible to stress fractures usually seen in people with osteoporosis. You may not be getting enough vitamin D if you live in an area with a lot of pollution or a big city with buildings that block sunlight. Staying indoors too often can cause and if you have darker skin, it can be harder for you to absorb vitamin D naturally.
If you struggle to get enough vitamin D, you can take it in a pill form commonly referred to as a supplement. The benefits of taking supplements is that they are an easy way to get more nutrients into your system.Pros and Cons of Supplements Pros:
- Supplements are an easy way to boost your health and diet
- Because of food intolerances and allergies, not everyone can eat what they need for nutrients
- Not everyone always has access or enough money for the foods they need so supplements can pick up the slack.
- Some supplements can have adverse reactions with certain medications so always check with your GP or pharmacist before taking anything new.
- The body can only absorb so much from supplements so you shouldn’t rely on supplements alone.
- You have an increased risk of overdosing and consuming toxic levels of nutrients.
Pharmacy Planet has a wide range of vitamin supplements you can buy online including Redoxon (Vitamin C) and the affordable Valupak Tablets available in several varieties. Visit us today to buy Redoxan and Valupak tablets and Valupak Capsules online in the UK.