The Do's & Don’ts of Acne Spot Treatments
Breaking out in spots can be very distressing so when it happens we want the blemishes to go away ASAP. That can lead us to taking drastic or hasty measures that will end up making the spots worse in the long run.
One of the most common ways to treat a breakout is by using acne spot treatments. Usually in a gel or cream form, it is applied directly to the spots to reduce their size and redness. Whilst very effective, it is important to use them correctly. By taking the proper measures, your skin will clear up faster, feel better, and look much healthier.Do’s
- Apply acne spot treatment up to 2-3 times a day or as part of your morning or nighttime skin care routine.
- Use spot treatment before moisturising.
- Only apply a thin layer of acne spot treatment as using too much will dry your skin out and won’t speed things up.
- If it’s daytime, pat sunscreen on top of the treatment
- Use spot treatment with ingredients like vitamin C, tea tree oil, lactic acid, or salicylic acid
- To prevent potential irritation and redness, never apply spot treatment to unaffected, broken, or bleeding skin.
- Never apply it around the eyes.
- Don’t continuously apply it as less is more.
You can get many acne spot treatments online, from chemists, or in the beauty aisles of some shops. For many people with just the occasional mild breakouts, these over the counter treatments are more than enough to battle their blemishes.
However, if your breakouts occur more often and are more severe, you will need something stronger that you can get from your GP or a dermatologist. For something quicker and more convenient, you can get acne treatment online in the UK through Pharmacy Planet. All you have to do is fill out a short assessment for our specialist prescribing team to review and we will ship your medication right to your doorstep. It couldn’t be any easier!We can provide you with:
- Skinoren Topical Acne Cream
- Rozex Gel and Cream
- Lymecycline tetracycline antibiotics