You’ve just had a wonderful meal, a delicious glass of wine, and splurged on a decadent pudding. Unfortunately, you know what’s coming next: that familiar burning in your chest otherwise known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Over the years you’ve come to expect it and may even ignore it, but by doing so you might be causing damage to your teeth, oesophagus, and more.
Dangers of Untreated GERD
GERD causes acid to flow back up from your stomach through your esophagus. This acid can cause a whole host of unpleasant symptoms and cause serious damage.
- Tooth decay: Stomach acid erodes the enamel on the teeth, weakening them and making them more prone to decay, damage, and chips.
- Oesophageal ulcers: GERD often causes painful ulcers and sores in the esophagus.
- Oesophagitis: Inflammation of the esophagus, making it painful to swallow.
- Oesophageal stricture: Persistent stomach acid can scar the oesophagus, creating scar tissue that narrows the esophagus.
- Cancer: Having GERD makes you more likely to develop precancerous cells in the oesophagus and more likely to develop esophageal cancer. Often the symptoms of this type of cancer, chest pain and difficulty swallowing, are not immediately obvious so the disease may be quite advanced by the time you notice it.
Treating and Preventing Acid Reflux
Making some changes to your lifestyle can have a major and lasting impact on your GERD symptoms.
- Do not eat close to bedtime
- Eat smaller, less fatty and acidic meals
- Quit smoking
- Cut back on alcohol, coffee, chocolate, and peppermint
- Sleep with your head slightly propped up
- Take gastrointestinal medication
If your GERD is getting in the way of your daily life or you are worried about its long-term effects, you should speak to your doctor about your options. Your doctor may recommend taking gastrointestinal Medication to help manage your symptoms and prevent further damage to your oesophagus.
- Lansoprazole Capsules can provide immediate relief from acid reflux by reducing stomach acid levels.
- Omeprazole Losec Capsules ease recurrent symptoms of acid reflux within an hour for up to 72 hours.
Lansoprazole Capsules and Omeprazole Losec Capsules can be obtained online in the UK through Pharmacy Planet. Visit today to purchase safe and effective gastrointestinal medication with just the click of your mouse. https://www.pharmacyplanet.com/