6 Proven Ways to Get Over Jet Lag
It’s time to finally start travelling again and many of us are planning major trips across the globe to make up for lost time. Since no one wants to spend their holiday exhausted, it’s important to deal with jet lag effectively.
Causes of Jet Lag
The environment plays a big role in your body clock, or circadian rhythm. When you travel across several time zones, your body falls out of sync with the local timezone. Sunlight helps your body’s production of melatonin, a hormone that is important to your body clock. When you travel, you aren’t experiencing sunlight like you normally do.
How Long Does Jet Lag Last?
Everyone is different, but it is thought the body can only naturally adjust to 2 timezones per day. So if you travel across 5 timezones, you will need 2-3 days to start feeling right again.
- Drinks Lots of Water: Because the air is so dehydrating, it’s important to drink plenty of water to keep your body feeling its best. Once you land, make sure to keep drinking that water.
- Consider an Overnight Stopover: If you are going to be travelling a long way, consider an overnight stopover. This way you can get a hotel near the airport and get some rest before finishing the rest of your journey.
- Stay Up as Long as Possible: One of the best ways to get over jet lag is to live like a local. Aim to go to sleep at a normal bedtime where you are to adapt because when you wake up in the morning, you’ll feel a lot better than if you had gone to bed right away.
- Go Dark or Go Bright: To help adapt to the local time, your body needs to adjust to the ambient light outside. If it’s daytime, get out and enjoy the sun. If it’s dark out, stay somewhere dark so your body can start the processes needed to fall asleep.
- Just Relax: Don’t try to cram too much on your first day. It’s exciting to travel, but if you do too much too soon you might put too much extra strain on your system.
- Take Circadin: Circadin or Melatonin Tablets are a jet lag medication that will help regulate your circadian rhythm and get you to sleep.
You can buy Melatonin (Circadin) 2mg Tablets online from Pharmacy Planet.