So you're ready to kick the habit. That's great! Making that commitment is half the battle. It’s not going to be easy. But choosing the best way to quit is a good first step to ensure you stick with it.
YOU MUST HAVE A PLAN
As you probably know, there are many different ways to quit smoking. Some work better than others. The best plan is the one you can stick with. Consider which of these might work for you:
1. PICK A DATE AND STICK TO IT: Once you have decided to begin on some date, keep your promise. Whenever you find yourself wavering from the promise you made to yourself, indulge in some activity until these cravings pass.
2. KNOW WHAT ‘ADDICTION’ IS: If you are a regular smoker, by now, you must know how the rule of addiction works! Though you have enjoyed smoking in the past, not smoking or discontinuing suddenly can wreak havoc in your brain. In the absence of nicotine, the craving gives rise to anger, depression and uncontrollable mood swings.
3. TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME: Quitting is impossible in a single day! People who quit cold turkey have more chances of relapse. Decreasing the frequency of smoking every week can be of great help.Maintain a diary. Reward yourself on achieving milestones. This will take time, so have patience and faith.
4. ALWAYS...ASK FOR HELP:Ask for help: Addictions are linked to overwhelming emotions. Sometimes it is difficult even to think about giving up smoking. In such times, you need help! A friend, family or like in most cases professional help is needed.Our online consultation service can provide you with prescription drugs that will not only help fight the addiction but also numb it over the time.
5. SWITCH TO STOP SMOKING AIDS: Stop smoking aids can be extremely useful.These medical aids mimic the feeling nicotine gives and are far less harmful than smoking. E-cigarettes, nicotine patches, and nicotine gums are few of the choices you can make. These aids help you by releasing very less amount of nicotine in the body, and the doses reduce gradually helping you quit in the process.