Why Young Adults are More Prone to Acne?
Only a lucky few have never woken up, looked in the mirror, and had their day ruined by the sight of an angry red spot that appeared overnight. Acne, or spots, is a skin condition that affects almost everyone at some point in their lives. It mainly affects one in adolescence, but it can persist into adulthood.
Acne is caused by inflammation in the pores of the skin on the face, chest, and back. This inflammation is usually because of increased oil production, bacteria, or changes in hormone levels. In young adults, however, there are a few other reasons why they may get post-adolescent acne.
Adult Acne Causes
- Stress: Studies have shown that when you are stressed hormone production increases. These hormones then stimulate the oil glands and hair follicles in the skin leading to breakouts.
- Skincare Products: Check the labels on your makeup, cleansers, moisturizers, and suncreams. To ensure your skin routine or beauty regimens aren’t clogging your pores, your products should have something like “non-comedogenic” or “oil-free” somewhere on the packaging.
- Gender: Acne affects more women than men because of hormonal fluctuations. That is why they may develop acne more often during their periods, during pregnancy, or after starting or stopping birth control pills.
- Rosacea: Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes the skin on the face to appear red or flushed. It can also produce red, pus filled spots.
Post-Adolescent Acne Treatment
If you are tired of breakouts, you’re in luck! There are several acne medications available to buy online in the UK.
- Rozex Gel and Cream: If your acne is caused by rosacea, Rozex can help reduce the symptoms. Both the cream and gel are a topical antibiotic aimed at treating rosacea induced spots and redness.
- Lymecycline: Lymecycline is an oral antibiotic that is mainly prescribed for the treatment of acne for adults and children over the age of 12. It works by attacking the bacteria that causes acne.
- Skinoren: Skinoren is an adults-only topical cream used to treat acne. It contains the active ingredient azelaic acid that helps keep pores from becoming clogged and can kill acne causing bacteria on the skin.