What is the Answer for Long, Strong Hair?
Whether you are male, female or anything in between, hair loss can be very distressing. No matter if it happens gradually or over a shorter period of time, losing your hair can have a major impact on your self-esteem and mental health. While it is considered typical to lose between 80-100 hairs per day, if you are noticing your hair is thinning or you are developing bald patches it is likely you are losing more strands of hair than normal. If there isn’t an easily identifiable answer to your hair loss, you may want to consider some other options.
There are so many products out there aimed at treating hair loss. In addition to the traditional cover ups of sprays and toupees, there are also lifestyle changes and medications that can help with hair loss.
Lifestyle Changes for Healthy Hair
- Shampoo: Try to use less shampoo! Overwashing hair can cause damage, breakage, and cause hair to fall out, especially if you have a dry or itchy scalp. Be sure to use shampoo that reflects your hair type and does not have ingredients like parabens or sulfates.
- Apply Aloe Vera: Aloe vera can condition hair and help soothe an itchy scalp. It can also unclog hair follicles and treat dandruff- two things that can prevent hair growth.
- Eat More Protein: If you are not eating enough protein or iron, your hair can become weak, damaged, and start to fall out. Ensure your diet has enough protein and iron to keep your hair long, smooth, and strong.
- Take Vitamins: Vitamin deficiency is a common cause of hair loss. It is important to get vitamins and minerals from diet, but you can also take vitamins like Zinc, Iron, Selenium, and Vitamins B, D, & E to give your body a boost in these minerals.
- Turn Down the Heat: Repeated use of heat styling tools can cause hair damage and breakage that can make hair seem thinner. If you must use heated styling tools, use a heat protection spray and keep the tool’s temperature below 180 degrees.
You can also take medications that are for hair loss treatment. One of the most common, Propecia, is available to buy online in the UK. Visit Pharmacy Planet today to find out how Propecia and other hair loss treatments can stop hair loss and in some cases promote hair growth.