What are the early Signs of Migraine
Migraine sufferers are all too familiar with those telltale warning signs that a migraine attack is imminent. These can include one or more of the following:-
- Pale or clammy skin
- Temperature fluctuations like feeling very warm or very cold
- Loss of appetite
- Sensitivity to bright light or sunlight, loud noise and certain smells
- Nausea or actual sickness or a feeling of tummy ache or upset stomach
- Dizzy spells
Most migraines start as a dull ache and then develop into a throbbing pain before the full migraine arrives. That early headache is often a red flag for a migraine sufferer to go home and take to their beds or to take medication or some other preventative actions. There are different types of migraine headaches.
- Migraine with aura – This is a migraine which comes with warning signs, these signs may be any of those already described but can also include seeing flashing lights
- Migraine without aura – These are actually the most common types of migraine and occur without any warning signs
- Migraine aura without headache – Sometimes also known as ‘the silent migraine’ as all other symptoms develop known as ‘the aura’, but there is no headache
Migraine headaches affect 1 in 5 women and around 1 in 15 men, they don’t tend to affect children and usually develop in early adulthood. The frequency can vary; some people only experience migraines occasionally whereas other people can have several per week.
There are numerous treatments prescribed for migraine ranging from standard headache tablets like Nurofen and Paracetamol to stronger, more targeted medication. Sumatriptan Imigran Tablets belong to a group of medicines called Triptans or Serotonin Agonists – these tablets can be taken after the migraine has started. Zolmitriptan tablets are used to relieve all the symptoms of migraine as are Zomig tablets, the latter works by narrowing blood vessels around the brain and reduce substances in the body that can trigger the headache in the first place.
For all your migraine headache needs, visit Pharmacy Planet at www.pharmacyplanet.com