Unwanted facial hair ruining Your Summer?
Everyone has a degree of hair growing across their entire body including their face. For women, it’s usually more of a “peach fuzz” level of hair growth, but for some, it can be much thicker and more prominent hair growth. The appearance of these types of hairs across the face and body can be very distressing, especially as more of our bodies are on display during the warmer summer months.
Why Do Women Get Unwanted Facial Hair?
Excessive facial hair in women is also known as hirsutism. Hirsutism is a condition more common than a lot of women would like to admit and is usually caused by genetics, medical conditions, or hormonal disorders. It results in thick, dark hair growing in places more associated with male hair growth, such as the chin, lip, chest, stomach, and back.
The most common cause of hirsutism is a condition called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which afflicts women during their childbearing years. Women with PCOS may experience irregular or painful periods, acne, and weight gain. PCOS can also produce clusters of cysts on the ovaries as well as excessive male hormones.
Other Causes of Hirsutism Include:
- Hormonal imbalances, especially those that cause more male hormones (androgens) to be produced than female ones.
- Hormonal changes from menopause.
- Disorders of the adrenal glands.
- Certain medications like anabolic steroids.
What Do Women Do to Get Rid of Unwanted Facial Hair?
Because excessive facial hair can be a major concern for women when it comes to their appearance and self-esteem, there are numerous hair removal methods used by women around the globe. Most of them are temporary and you’ve probably tried at least one of them, especially the most common techniques like tweezing, waxing, and shaving.
Other methods include:
- Epilating: using an electronic device to remove hair at the roots.
- Sugaring: similar to waxing, but with a paste made of lemon, sugar, and water.
- Threading: rolling threads over the unwanted hair, removing several at once.
- Depilatory Creams: a pain-free method of hair removal where cream breaks down the hair so it can be wiped away a few minutes later.
- Laser/IPL: Performed by a specialist or dermatologist, both methods use heat and light on hair follicles to prevent regrowth and provide more permanent hair removal.
Of all the hair removal options, treatments like IPL and laser provide the most permanent solution. However, they require several sessions and potential top-up sessions so it can get very expensive to get the results you want. There’s also no guarantee it’ll work.
Another option is the use of facial hair relief medication like Vaniqa Cream. Applied directly to the skin, Vaniqa slows down the growth of unwanted hair on the face, jaw, and chin. The cream works by blocking an enzyme in the skin involved in hair growth. In addition to slowing down facial hair growth, it can also make the regrowth finer and lighter.
While it isn’t a hair removal cream, Vaniqa Cream is an effective method of facial hair management. It will make your unwanted facial hair much easier to manage since it will grow back slower, requiring fewer tweezing or waxing sessions.
You can buy Vaniqa Cream online in the UK with swift delivery from Pharmacy Planet.