The Link Between Heartburn and Cholesterol
Heartburn, or acid reflux, is an often distressing condition that causes a burning sensation in the chest or an unpleasant taste in the mouth. Many things can cause heartburn like diet, health conditions, and even cholesterol.
Cholesterol is a fat-like substance that is produced by the liver and is vital for the body to function. It can also be found in the foods we eat. There are two types of cholesterol colloquially known as “good cholesterol” and “bad cholesterol.” Bad cholesterol often comes from a poor diet and if the bad cholesterol levels are too high it can cause serious adverse health effects. Too much cholesterol can clog your arteries, cause strokes, or give you cholesterol gallstones.
Cholesterol gallstones are made up of hardened cholesterol and are the most common type of gallstones. Symptoms of gallstones include fever, chills, and pain under the right shoulder. They can also cause abdominal pain, indigestion, gas, and heartburn.
Because high cholesterol can have such a negative effect on your health, it is important to try to maintain healthy levels. There are many different ways of combating high cholesterol like:
- A healthy diet with soluble fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, and whey protein
- Cut out saturated fats and trans fats
- Avoid smoking and reduce alcohol intake
- Increase your physical activity
- Take medications
- Reduce carbs, caffeine, and carbonated drinks
Many of these practices can also reduce troublesome gastrointestinal symptoms.
If you have gastrointestinal symptoms either from high cholesterol or from other conditions, there are many medications out there that can help.
- Lansoprazole Capsules: They provide immediate relief from heartburn, ulcers, and acid reflux by reducing the acid production in the stomach. Stomach acids are crucial for digesting food, but too much acid production can cause painful symptoms like heartburn.
- Omeprazole Losec Capsules: These work similarly to Lansoprazole by preventing the overproduction of stomach acid. Once taken, they should begin to work within an hour and can provide relief for up to 72 hours.
If you need relief from painful and uncomfortable gastrointestinal symptoms like heartburn, visit Pharmacy Planet. Simply take one of our assessments and we can provide you with Lansoprazole Capsules and Omeprazole Losec Capsules online in the UK. It couldn’t be easier to get your medications from the comfort of your home. Find out more at https://www.pharmacyplanet.com/