Most Effective Ways To Cure Erectile Dysfunction In 2023
Ever since Viagra was released in the late 1990’s, the number of men diagnosed with erectile dysfunction (ED) has gone up by over 200%. This number has less to do with a sudden increase of men experiencing ED than it does with men seeking treatment for ED. Now that it’s well-established men with erectile dysfunction have multiple treatment options, there’s not as much stigma attached to the condition. As a result, more of men than ever are turning to their doctors for help.
Other ED medications have been introduced since ‘the little blue pill’ came onto the scene, both name brand and generic. Men can also try a variety of other treatment options like therapy, at-home devices, and even surgical procedures.
If you’re experiencing ED, know that you aren’t alone. In addition to making an appointment with your GP or pharmacist, read through our guide about the different treatments for ED to see which one might be best for you.
How to Cure ED
Erectile dysfunction is a stressful condition and can hamper your self-confidence. But the good news is that there are several effective treatments available that can help treat ED and restore sexual function. Here are some methods to address the underlying reasons of ED and enhance erectile function:
- Therapeutic Treatments
- Lifestyle Changes
- Vacuum Erection Device (VED)
- Surgical Treatments for ED
Psychology plays a major role in sexual arousal and performance. Several complex processes occur throughout your nervous system and hormonal systems during sexual arousal, which then trigger neurotransmitters. Research has also shown that regions of the brain like the amygdala, hypothalamus, hippocampus, and nucleus accumbens are stimulated when a person is ‘turned on.’
So, it should come as no surprise that underlying psychological troubles can impact erections. This situation is often made worse by the amount of pressure and importance many men put on themselves about sexual performance. Feelings of embarrassment, anxiety, and inadequacy can exacerbate the problem.
Shame and embarrassment about sexual dysfunction and mental health may prevent some men from seeking out help. However, these types of concerns are exceptionally common and there are many ways to treat them. Therapy with a counsellor, mental health professional, or a sex therapist are great resources that can provide the help you need.
Just about every man will experience trouble getting an erection no matter what age he is. A wide range of factors can prevent an erection from becoming hard enough for sexual activity, including alcohol, cigarettes, illicit drugs, certain medical conditions and medications, stress, and obesity.
Smoking cigarettes and alcohol are major contributors to ED so if you smoke you should arrange an appointment with your GP or pharmacist for smoking cessation services. Refraining from takin drugs and reducing your alcohol intake will also have a positive impact on your sexual health and overall health.
Losing weight, eating a balanced diet, and getting enough exercise will also help with erectile dysfunction, especially in terms of blood flow. Healthy arteries and blood flow through the body will also improve blood flow to the penis.
If you have a medication condition or are taking a medication that might be causing ED, make an appointment with your GP to discuss options.
Vacuum Erection Device (VED)
Also known as a penile pump, a VED is a device that manually pulls blood into your penis through suction. Once a suitable erection is achieved, users place a constriction ring over the case of the penis to prevent the blood flow from stopping. This process can usually help men sustain an erection for up to 30 minutes.
Many men use VED’s if they can’t or do not want to take medication for ED. These devices can be very effective, but they do have some risks and drawbacks. Using a VED successfully takes practice and can sometimes be uncomfortable to use. They also take time to work, which can put a damper on the romance in the moment.
Surgical Treatments for ED
Penile implants are devices that are surgically inserted into the penis to help men with severe ED achieve an erection. Surgery should only be considered as a last resort after all other attempts to treat the erectile dysfunction have failed.
All surgeries come with dangers so you should consider all the information carefully before proceeding. Surgery for ED puts you at risk of infection and complications like implant malfunction and permanent damage to the penis.
In addition to the above methods for how to cure ED, there are several medications you can take that are proven to help with erectile dysfunction- and not just Viagra! At Pharmacy Planet, you can find several types of ED medication you can buy online in the UK.
- Cialis/ Tadalafil: Cialis is the brand name for a prescription ED drug called Tadalafil. It works by boosting a chemical in the body that is normally released during sexual arousal. This improves blood flow to the penis and helps men achieve stiffer erections for longer periods of time. The effects of Cialis/ Tadalafil should start kicking in 15-30 minutes after it’s taken.
- Levitra: Like many other prescription ED drugs, Levitra works by increasing blood flow to the penis. It has been shown to be one of the most effective ED medications for men whose ED is related to high blood pressure or diabetes. Users of Levitra note that it lasts longer than other ED treatments, giving them the ability to get erections for up to 5 hours.
- Viagra/ Sildenafil: Sildenafil is one of the most well-known prescription treatments for ED. Also sold under the brand name Viagra, Sildenafil relaxes the muscle cells in the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis. When sexually stimulated, Viagra allows for better blood flow to reach the penis.
- Viagra Connect: Viagra Connect is a newer version of Viagra that doesn’t require a prescription. It contains the exact same medication, just in smaller doses. It can be purchased over the counter from a pharmacist and can be very effective for men with mild to moderate ED.
If you’re experiencing ED and want to reignite your sex life, start a consultation with us to buy ED medication like Viagra and Sildenafil online in the UK. You can find these effective erectile dysfunction medications and many others at Pharmacy Planet, all with swift and discreet home delivery.